One of the things that are hardest at the beginning of a venture is getting started. Guitar playing is no different. Rock Guitar 101 will show you how to get started playing rock guitar quickly and easily. Even if you have absolutely no prior musical knowledge. It’s that simple!
What is needed first?
What’s needed first when playing rock guitar is the correct type of guitar. With so many to choose from nowadays, it’s hard to know which one is best.
Well here are a few ideas to begin with:
This guitar is perfectly designed for playing rock music.
- The Ibanez RG series of guitars has remained a standard in rock music for the last couple of decades, thanks to the effortless playability of its Wizard III neck. Switching between aggressive rhythm playing and wild lead lines is effortless on this slim-profile neck. Guitarists love the feel and playability of the Ibanez’s RG guitars. You will, too!
This guitar defined the rock music genre when it was invented.
- The Standard Series is the perfect choice for any musician looking to upgrade to a professional level instrument
- The “C” shaped tinted neck provides universal comfort and elegant styling
- Achieve the classic iconic tones that only a Fender Stratocaster with three single-coil pickups can provide
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge with a high-mass block provide increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability
- Reduced hum provided by the shielded body cavities.Rosewood or maple fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets
This guitar has been played by millions of rock guitar players.
- With a set neck, rosewood fingerboard, and Trapezoid inlays, this Standard is that and much more. Cream binding on the body and neck and a Locking Tune-o-Matic bridge, this guitar is a gift that keeps giving
- The Les Paul Standard Plus-Top PRO has the very popular Epiphone ProBucker 2 and ProBucker 3 pickups. If that wasn’t”t enough it also offers the neck pickup volume with push/pull coil-tapping and the Bridge pickup volume with push/pull coil tapping
- Like every Epiphone, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top PRO features a Limited Lifetime Warranty backed by world famous 24/7/365 Gibson Customer Service. Be a part of history today with the Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro
This is a fairly new model that has become very popular for playing rock.
- The Omen-6 features a Basswood Body with a bolt-on Maple Neck
- Rosewood fretboard
- Schecter Diamond Plus Pickups
- Black Chrome Hardware with Schecter Tuners
- Tune-O-Matic Bridge with String Through
What’s next after acquiring a great rock guitar?
Now you want to find a nice rock guitar amplifier. This is very important because it allows you to get the rock “sound” that is needed for this style of music. Without the proper amplifier, you will not be able to get the right guitar tone and you won’t be inspired to play.
Here are a few practice amps to take into consideration.
- Clean & overdrive channels
- Gain channel contour control
- Custom 6.5-inch speaker
- A line in for jamming along with tracks
- Emulated headphone output
- Compact size for practice and small jams, featuring critically acclaimed Marshall analog tone
- Output (RMS): 15W, Speaker: 1×8″
- Channels (storable): Clean, Crunch, OD1, OD2, Digital Effects: Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Vibe, Octave, Digital Reverb: Spring, Studio
- Internal FDD, Mp3/ Line In jack, Emulated headphone Output and MG Foot controller Compatible
- Includes: ChromaCast Pro Series 10ft Cable and ChromaCast Pick Sampler
- With a turn of a knob, choose from clean to mean tones from the 17 various amp models that will accommodate almost any genre of music.
- Shape the onboard amp models ‘on the fly’ or dig deep and edit them with your computer using the included Fender FUSE software to further alter the included effects such as reverb, delay/echo, tremolo, phaser and many more.
- Jam along with your favorite tracks by simply plugging your MP3 player into the Auxiliary input and you instantly become part of the band and /or practice privately with the 1/8th headphone output jack that also mutes the speaker output.
- Capture moments of inspiration and build songs using the included Ableton Live Lite 8 Fender Edition studio-quality recording software compatible with either MAC or PC, Controls: Gain, Volume, Treble, Bass, Master, Preset Select, Modulation Select, Delay/Reverb Select, Save Button, Exit Button, Tap Tempo Button
- Limited Warranty Included
- Foot switchable channels
- Analog signal path
- CabSim loaded headphone output
- New High gain preamp design, 4 stage preamp
- 20 Watts
I believe any of these amplifiers will work just fine for getting the rock tone that is necessary for playing rock music.
Now You Get In-Tune
Having the instrument in-tune is most important. Without it you won’t sound good, even if you know how to play. So make sure you acquire a good solid guitar tuner. Once again there are many to choose from. Here is one I’d recommend.
- Full-Color Display
- Features frequency range tailored to guitar and bass
- The tuner can be used on the front of back of headstock, Rotates 360°
- Very popular model for hobbyists and professionals alike
Now all you need is a standard guitar cable to plug the guitar into the amp and your set to start having fun.
Oh, there is one more thing
Some good training material to help get you started and headed in the right direction. Enter the book Rock Guitar 101. A book designed to get you started with a simple step-by-step method for easy learning and quick results.
Rock guitar 101 is a system of methodology that takes you through the basics of learning how to play rock guitar. Getting the right tools of the trade, learning your first rocks chords, creating rhythm, reading and understanding sheet music plus an introduction to lead guitar and popular rock song riffs.
This book is filled with full-color photos and diagrams for easy learning with no previous musical knowledge required. Plus additional training tips are presented as a bonus along with a rockstar quiz to make sure the student understands the material thoroughly.
Once you get through this training, you will have a well-versed understanding of the fundamental principles associated with playing rock guitar. In addition, you will have a smile on your face due to being able to play some rock guitar song riffs.
By acquiring the proper tools and training in the very beginning of any new venture you are going to able to progress faster than you ever thought possible. You are going to be able to get quicker results and you are going to have more fun in the process.
So if you’re interested in playing rock guitar, make sure to get all the elements needed to get you started and I guarantee you that you will see results fast!!
Because you took the time to do it right! The way it should be done. And if you still have questions, feel free to contact me so as I may help guide you in the right direction, and get you on your way to having fun playing rock guitar. Be sure to sign up to my Guitar Club where you’ll receive exclusive training tips to help you improve your guitar playing.
Sincerely, Dwayne Jenkins